Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's getting too close for comfort now..

Cate is due in less then two months, and i really feel she's no where near ready for this. i do see glimmers of hope that she's maturing ever so slightly, but she's still that spoiled brat who wants what she wants, when she wants it. i do believe she's gonna be shell shocked when she comes to the realization it's not just about her anymore. secretly, i'm looking forward to it..hehe.

having a baby in the house again is a bit exciting, scary, and downright inconvenient for my part. i've raised mine, and i already know as soon as she starts asking me to do this and that, i'm gonna get resentful. i know it sounds awful, but it is what it is. thirty years of raising my own (and plus years raising my younger brother) have made me somewhat selfish in regards to "me time". i have plans for the rest of my life that don't involve small babies, dang it. BUT, all this crap i'm talking is just that, because i know as soon as i see him all bets are off. i'm such a sucker >.<

we had a pretty decent sized fire in the kitchen yesterday which was difficult to get under control, but Eric and i managed just nicely as soon as we kicked nervous nelly out. Cate is NOT good under pressure, and was simply screaming and panicking to the point of me not being able to remember where the fire extinguisher was, she was doing my head in that badly.

i worry about this. what will she do if and when the baby has an incident she needs to stay calm for?

maybe i should move out..lol

No comments: